A month ago, we asked for your stories of how you’ve been using Dropbox. And you guys never disappoint — we received thousands of stories from all over the world, and discovered all sorts of awesome uses we never could’ve imagined.
We want to share a few of our favorites:
- I’ve had retrograde amnesia since last year. Dropbox stored things like past writing, photos, etc. which helped me make sense of it all.
- I won Olympic gold and silver & coach people worldwide. My files are 400MB long & they always get 2 their destination. I can work from home!
- We use Dropbox to save Orangutans. This year we released 50 back to remote forest. Dropbox helps us plan & inform donors, volunteers & staff
- We are a little South African design company- which became a much bigger one thanks to Dropbox. Dropbbox is our gift to our clients
- Exchanging pictures with my American grandparents, their 9 kids, 32 grandkids and 18 greatgrandkids as effortlessly as never before!
- Five of us used Dropbox to coordinate our preparation for Oxford final exams in Theology. Between us, we collected all the prizes for 2012.
- My family are using Dropbox to safely store a recording of a detailed interview with my great-grandfather about his whole life story.
- Laos doesn’t have much in way of infrastructure, so to undertake the largest health related survey we used Dropbox to link-up all the labs.
- My wife and I use Dropbox as a means to leave each other love notes and pictures during my military deployments. Way better than snail mail!
- Hurricane Sandy hit us hard. Without power and computer access, I used Dropbox mobile to store and share damage photos with insurance reps.
All of us at Dropbox HQ were flattered by your responses, and we’ve kept your stories up on our screens at work to inspire us throughout the day. We’re honored that you trust us with your memories, and we’re more pumped than ever to help you create new stories. Thank you so much for sticking with us the past few years :-).