We’re excited to announce that individual users in the U.S. can now start using Shop through this link without signing up for the waitlist. Non-U.S. or team users will still need to sign up for the waitlist here. We’re also launching new features, which you can read about here.
Content creators have long used Dropbox to store and share their digital work. And this need has only grown during the pandemic, as more and more people look to make a living doing what they love. With Dropbox Shop, we’ve designed a more valuable and flexible digital sales experience for creators by streamlining the process of sharing—and monetizing—their content, all within Dropbox.
This new platform allows creators to easily sell content—from e-books and recipes to prints and workout videos—directly to their customers, so they can spend more doing what they love: creating. In September, we gave a preview of Dropbox Shop, and it’s available today to select users in private beta. Those interested can join the waitlist.
Get up and running in no time
Dropbox Shop helps creators spend less time setting up digital content sales, and more time on creating great content.
- Easily create product listings in three clicks. Add content directly from Dropbox or your computer, set a custom image, audio, or video preview, and determine your price
- Enable secure payment processing through our partnership with Stripe and PayPal and multiple payment options for customers, including credit cards and Google Pay
- Sell any type of content with the ability to upload multiple files, of any type, up to 50GB per file for Plus/Pro users and 2GB for Basic users
- Automatically deliver content upon payment to save time facilitating sales
- Simplify transactions for you and your customers. Buyers with a Dropbox account can access everything they’ve purchased when logged in. Those who don’t have Dropbox can purchase content via email verification and download it within 28 days.
- Work conveniently from your desktop, tablet, or mobile
“What I really like about Dropbox Shop is that it’s very easy to use, and you can create a Shop very quickly. It allows me to focus on what I’m good at instead of figuring out the logistics of a new platform.” — Sally Schönack, fitness trainer and influencer, Fit With Sally
Connect directly with customers
Because the content being sold lives within Dropbox Shop, there’s no middleman and you can control how you interact with customers. This means more flexibility in how you design the look, feel, and functionality of your customer’s experience.
- Personalize your brand with an e-commerce storefront
- Share product listings directly over social media, e-mail, or however you promote your work to maintain ownership of your customer base
- Keep your content safe. Email validation is required for additional downloads.
“Shop is easily manageable, and you have direct control over your product. You don’t have to go to a third party. It’s great to have that control.” — Leigh Jamieson, musician, Fallen Reign
See what works (and what doesn’t)
Dropbox Shop takes digital content sales one step further by providing key analytics that help you better understand your customers and improve your business.
- Evaluate your listings by looking at individual and combined sales, views, and revenue analytics
- Understand how customers interact with your shop through data on their past purchases, traffic sources, and detailed actions
“The traffic and conversion by traffic source features of Dropbox Shop will be really useful for me in understanding where my customers are coming from.” — Daniel Jackson, photographer, owner and founder, Embassy: Interactive