We’re always listening to customers and gathering feedback to inform how we develop our products and experiences, increase value, and meet their evolving needs. Over the years, we’ve enhanced our team plans, adding new capabilities to help our customers better organize, share, and collaborate with their teams.
We’ve added functionality to help admins more easily take action across billing, content, compliance, reporting and security, simplified workflows with automated folders to organize your work in less time, and improved sharing with Dropbox Transfer and branded sharing for teams.
Now, in an increasingly hybrid and distributed working environment where teams face new security risks, you, our customers, have been requesting new features to help better protect sensitive information, gain greater visibility and control over externally shared content, and easily view and manage security and privacy threats for work.
We know security is an even higher priority for you and your teams, but we don’t believe that means you should have to do extra work to keep your content safe. Security features are seamlessly built into our product design, so you don’t have to take extra steps to safeguard your company’s confidential info and intellectual property.
Today, we're introducing updated team plans to include more of your top-requested features, such as always-on security and more control over your content. We're also updating the pricing for our Dropbox Standard and Advanced plans. This is the first pricing update for teams since we launched our new team plans in 2017, which reflects the increased value we’ve delivered over the years and the new capabilities we’re announcing today.
Dropbox Standard gives growing teams a secure, organized place to access, store, and collaborate on their most important work. In addition to existing features such as 5 TB of storage, shared folders, admin controls, priority support, 180-day version history, and access to Dropbox Transfer, the plan now includes:
- External sharing reporting—Keep your team’s work out of the wrong hands. View externally shared links in a centralized dashboard, and revoke access as needed.
- Dropbox Passwords with a new admin console—Quickly sign into your accounts on all your devices. Easily access your log-in info with Dropbox Passwords, and get alerted if team members use weak or breached passwords.
- Dropbox Backup with new external drive support—Recover lost data without all the downtime. Back up one computer and one connected drive (per user), and quickly recover your content if something goes wrong.
- Web session management—Admins can log users out of Dropbox automatically and limit blended personal and business accounts.
- Device limit settings—Admins can require that users login within a set range of hours or days.
The Dropbox Standard Plan will now be $18/month per user for monthly subscribers. For those who opt into our annual plan, their effective monthly price will be $15/month per user. Existing subscribers will move to the new pricing on their first billing date on or after July 5, 2022.
Dropbox Advanced gives teams as much space as they need, along with robust admin controls and always-on security controls. In addition to existing features, such as single-sign-on app integrations, API calls for data migrations, access to tiered admins, and real-time support over phone, chat, or email, the plan now includes the new features shown above for Standard, plus:
- Extended version history—Easily undo accidental edits and deletions. Now you can restore and recover team files for up to 1 year.
- Ransomware detection and recovery—Admins get alerted to suspicious behavior immediately, and Dropbox helps recover stolen or compromised content without paying a ransom.
- Coming soon* Data classification—Stay compliant with evolving privacy policies. Admins can also discover where personal information exists and protect it across team folders, team member folders, and shared folders.
The Dropbox Advanced Plan will now be $30/month per user for monthly subscribers. For those who opt into our annual plan, their effective monthly price will be $24/month per user. Existing subscribers will move to the new pricing on their first billing date on or after July 5, 2022.
We're committed to continue building valuable products and experiences that help our customers stay organized and keep work moving. To find a plan that’s right for you and your team, visit dropbox.com/plans.
*Note: The products or features described above may not be released yet. The decision to purchase our services should be made based on features that are currently available.