- eDiscovery & legal hold: Integrations with services like Guidance and Nuix enable secure search, as well as the ability to collect and preserve electronically stored information (ESI) in Dropbox for Business accounts — making it possible for admins to easily respond to litigation, arbitration, and regulatory investigations.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) and analytics: With integrations like Splunk, Domo, and General Audit Tool, it’s easy for Dropbox for Business admins to oversee employee activity and manage sensitive data, so IT can have even more visibility and control.
- Data loss prevention (DLP): Integrations with services like CirroSecure, CloudLock, Elastica, Netskope, and Skyhigh Networks provide enterprise-class DLP, auditing and compliance functionality, and easy management of sensitive data stored in Dropbox for Business.
- Digital rights management (DRM): With partnerships like Dell Data Protection, nCrypted Cloud, and Sookasa, companies in highly regulated industries can add additional client-side encryption and decryption for company data stored in Dropbox for Business accounts.
- Identity management & single sign-on (SSO): External identity providers like Active Directory keep Dropbox for Business teams authenticated in a scalable way. Integrations are available through solutions like Centrify, Meldium, Microsoft Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, and Ping Identity.
- Data migration and on-premises backup: Easily transfer large amounts of data between locations and secure sensitive information with on-site data backup from services like Mover and SkySync.
- Custom workflows enhanced by Dropbox: We provide the tools to build in-house apps that integrate Dropbox into your business processes. Several Dropbox for Business customers are already leveraging the Dropbox Platform to enhance their internal workflows, and services like IBM WebSphere Cast Iron make it even easier to drag and drop connections to dozens of other enterprise systems.
Today we’re excited to announce the new Dropbox for Business API, which extends the power of the Dropbox Platform to help companies seamlessly integrate Dropbox for Business into their core IT processes. Already 100,000 companies rely on Dropbox for Business to securely store and share even their most important company information, including major organizations like Hyatt, News Corp, and MIT. Many of them also use the Dropbox Platform — which offers integrations with more than 300,000 apps — to support custom workflows. The API builds on the power of the Dropbox Platform by giving developers access to the team-level functionality of Dropbox for Business, empowering admins to deploy and manage business-critical applications for their team. It’s especially useful for enterprise customers, as Dropbox for Business now fits even more seamlessly into their existing third-party solutions. Through the new API and our industry-leading launch partners, companies can enable: