Ahh, October. Changing colors, rustling leaves, and problematic problem sets can mean only one thing -- yup, It’s definitely school o’clock again. As this school year gets into full swing, we’re on a mission to make your life easier by inviting you to the greatest race for space the world has ever seen (you know, aside from the whole moon thing):
The Great Dropbox Space Race
So you’re probably shaking in your little space boots and wondering, ‘Okay, great. What’s that?’ Well, Space Race is a chance for you to support your school and compete against other schools for eternal glory (by eternal glory we mean up to 25 GB of free Dropbox space for two years).
How it works
Earn points by referring your classmates, friends, and professors to Dropbox (they just need to sign in with their school email and install Dropbox if they haven’t already), and by getting them to complete the Get Started guide. As you and your classmates earn more points, everyone from your school registered for Space Race will get more free space. Cosmic.
- You must register for Space Race with an eligible school email address (if you have an existing Dropbox account you can still join)!
- If you've signed up for Dropbox with a non-school email, no problem! You can verify your school account on the Space Race page.
- Your school gets 1 point for each person who registers for Space Race and installs Dropbox on their computer (if they haven’t already).
- Your school gets 2 more points for each person that goes through the Get Started guide (including you!)
- Free Space!
- Just by signing up, you get 3 GB for two years.
- Each level your school achieves means more free space. That means the more classmates and friends you rally to Dropbox, the more space every Space Racer at your school gets, up to 25 GB for two years!
- In addition to earning points, you’ll still get the normal 500 MB bonus for each referral.
- You’ll have 8 weeks to get as many people as you can from your school signed up for Space Race!
Dropbox’s roots are in schools. The earliest set of Dropboxers were fresh college grads (or dropouts), so we know exactly where you guys are coming from. Because of this, we love hiring interns and full-timers straight out of school (come work at Dropbox)! In fact, some recent interns sent Dropbox into space as a Hack Week project, and the space pun was just too convenient.
Schools are also a place where Dropbox really shines. We’ve heard of teachers using Dropbox for submitting homework, groups building amazing feats of engineering through shared folders, and theses being rescued from certain doom at the end of that critical all-nighter. That being said, we wanted to do something for all you students and professors to show how much we love you guys. And while our referral doubling last April was cool and all, it’s nothing compared to how ridiculous the space opportunities are going to be for your school this year.
So suit up, grab some dehydrated ice cream, and let’s do this. Invite your friends, classmates, and professors to Space Race, and conquer ALL the space for your school!
P.S. Check out our Terms and Conditions for more details on eligibility.