We hear stories every day about how people love using Dropbox at work to collaborate and share effortlessly with their colleagues. People at over 2 million businesses and 95% of Fortune 500 companies are using Dropbox — from law firms working with their clients to international businesses staying in sync across the world. Today, we’re launching a completely redesigned admin console and new sharing controls to help
Dropbox for Teams
admins manage their group. We’ve been working with our customers to design features that give them the insight and tools their businesses need, while keeping the simplicity that makes Dropbox so easy to use.
"Dropbox for Teams has a clean, clear user interface, which is one of the reasons our employees love this product. The new redesigned admin console will make management a lot easier now from the admin's perspective. That's a big help, as we continue to grow and expand the use of Dropbox at Kayak." - Bill O'Donnell, Chief Architect | Kayak
This launch is a first step to make Dropbox better for businesses. Admins will now have:
- View recent activity, web sessions, linked devices, and third party applications for each member of your team.
- Get a complete picture of activity across the team. Filter by logins, passwords, apps, devices, and members.
- Generate a downloadable report to give insight into activity for a selected period of time.
- Set sharing controls at the account level to keep shared folders and links within the company or allow team members to decide access levels on a case-by-case basis.
- Require all team members to keep two-step verification enabled.
- Unlink a team member’s web sessions, devices, or third-party apps and send a password reset email, if necessary.
Check out a two-minute demo of the admin console to learn more:
With today’s new additions, “Dropbox is making it easier for IT admins to control and manage users and the sharing of company data,” says Terri McClure, senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “These new features will be a welcome addition for businesses looking to bring the de facto standard for ease of use for consumer file sharing into the workplace." Discover more
Dropbox for Teams features
or check out our
. And stay tuned, because we’re always working on ways to help you — and your organization — stay in sync with Dropbox.