We understand that our customers depend on Dropbox more than ever when local or global disruptions occur, and we’re committed to helping the global workforce stay connected. That’s why we want to assure you we’ve built a robust infrastructure to ensure that our services and support are able to run as normal in these unprecedented times.
We’re also committed to keeping our employees and our community safe through our global work from home policy, and supporting nonprofits that are working to fight COVID-19.
Dropbox remains completely available, with the performance and service you expect from us
During this stressful and uncertain time, Dropbox customers need reliable tools that support remote work. This includes our other products and services, like HelloSign. Reliability is one of our top priorities, and we've taken extensive measures to ensure service stability. We're confident in our ability to provide you uninterrupted service during this critical time.
- We’ve created robust processes—codified through our compliance with ISO 22301 for business continuity management—which are working as planned.
- Our data centers will remain staffed and supported; we don’t expect this to change as data centers are considered a utility, or essential service
- We’ve updated our planning forecasts and confirmed that disruptions in our supply chain will not impact our ability to keep scaling.
- We’re prepared to sustain higher growth and demand models than previously forecast.
- HelloSign's customer and technical support teams remain fully staffed and able to support customers
We’ve shifted to a distributed work environment, ensuring business as usual
The key to keeping Dropbox service reliable is keeping our staff functioning as usual during this time. Our staff has the support in place to seamlessly transition to working remotely. And for the critical staff that are onsite for specific activities that allow us to continue to operate critical business functions, we are encouraging them to take appropriate precautions as we continue to put their safety first.
- We’re using Dropbox, Dropbox Paper, Zoom, and Slack to stay in touch and keep work moving. Dropbox staff are able to keep our services functioning normally.
- The software tools we rely on are mostly SaaS-based so there’s less dependency on VPN, but our internal resources and systems that do require VPN are seeing great performance and reliability.
- Because communication is even more important than ever, we will continue to hold All Hands and Town Hall meetings virtually by augmenting our streaming capabilities.
We’re committed to supporting nonprofits and NGOs focused on fighting COVID-19
We understand this is an anxious and busy time for many nonprofits responding to and working on fighting the spread of COVID-19. We’d like to support those organizations during this time of crisis.
- We’re proud to offer free Dropbox Business and HelloSign Enterprise subscriptions for a three-month period to nonprofits and NGOs that are focused on fighting COVID-19.
- Organizations working to stop the virus or providing relief to those impacted are encouraged to apply here.
To learn how to set up your distributed workforce on Dropbox, visit here.